Comment on page
After you have installed MotiveWave™ and configured your workspace, the first window that you will see when opening that workspace will be the Console. The console provides access to all the features in MotiveWave™ and it is initially configured with a default layout.
Default Console Layout
The console is organized into different pages (see screenshot above; please note: pages are only available in the Professional and Ultimate editions of MotiveWave™). To access a different page, simply click on the page tab at the bottom of the console window. The default set of pages are as follows:
- 1.Home – The home page contains a sample layout that has a single chart area and two spots at the bottom for watch lists.
- 2.Charts – Sample layout of 6 charts
- 3.Floating – Sample floating stations provide an alternative to split layouts
- 4.Account – Layout containing information about your account, orders, positions and historical trades.
- 5.Trade Report – Functionality to generate a report that can be filtered by account, instrument, and date
- 6.Options – Sample layout containing Option Chains. Note: this page is only available on brokers that support options trading.
- 7.Scan – Layout for using the scanning functionality within MotiveWave™
- 8.Optimize – Contains a strategy optimizer panel for Back Testing, Optimization and Walk Forward testing of automated strategies.
The following screen shots illustrate the default set of pages in the console:
Default Set of Pages in MotiveWave